Telecom / IT
Redwood Shores, California
For more than three and a half decades, Oracle has been the leader in database software. And as it has further developed technologies and acquired best-in-class companies over the years, that leadership has expanded to the entire technology stack, from servers and storage, to database and middleware, through applications and into the cloud.
It all began when Larry Ellison saw an opportunity other companies missed: a description of a working prototype for a relational database. No company had committed to commercializing the technology, but Ellison and co-founders Bob Miner and Ed Oates realized the tremendous business potential of the relational database model. None of them realized at the time that the company they formed would change the face of business computing.
Throughout its history Oracle has proved it can build for the future on the foundation of its innovations and its knowledge of customer challenges and successes analyzed by the best technical and business minds in the world.
What does Oracle have in store for tomorrow? We will continue to provide our customers with hardware and software engineered to work together—integrated from disk to applications-that meet their business needs and solve their business problems. And we will continue to innovate and to lead the industry, while always making sure that we focus on solving the problems of the customers who rely on our technology.
Oracle is looking of students or recent graduates with a top degree in Business or IT related disciplines. As we are recruiting for Sales related roles at the moment we are interested to get in touch with students who have a strong desire to progress in a sales career.
For our currently openings we require:
• Fluency in Dutch and English
• Knowledge of Oracle products or previous experience in the IT industry will be useful though not essential.
• Experience prospecting needs analysis and negotiation in the Business-to-Business sector and/or in a customer service environment would be an advantage along with the ability to work to and overachieve on targets. However this is not essential as full training will be given.
• High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, commitment, self-belief and achievement-orientation.
• The ability to self-manage, with strong organisational and planning skills.
• Self- motivated to continuously expand personal and professional knowledge
• The ability to work with a dynamic and multinational team in addition to the ability to work alone at times.
• An eagerness to work in a high pressured, fast moving and challenging environment.
• A strong interest in technology, passion for sales and strong communication skills.